Saelig Introduces AFV-P Series Programmable AC Power Supplies With DC Output and Precision Measurement Capabilities
versatile AC+DC power sources suit a variety of test situations and power simulations
Fairport, NY, USA: Saelig Company, Inc. has introduced the Preen AFV-P Series of programmable AC power sources with DC output and precision measurement capabilities. These compact power sources come in four power levels: 600VA, 1250VA, 2500VA, and 5000VA, providing clean power with THD less than 0.3% at 50/60Hz. They deliver a continuously variable output voltage of 0-310VAC and frequency of 40-500Hz (optionally 15-1000Hz). They are ideal for commercial, defense and aerospace test applications that range from design verification, quality assurance, ATE to mass production.
The AFV-P series provides comprehensive programmable features (step/ramp/transient) and a total of 1200 test steps in 50 built-in memory sets, as well as a transient generation functionality that allows simulations of voltage variations, surges, sags, dropouts, and frequency disturbances for simulating global AC power conditions. With advanced PWM technology, the AFV-P series can deliver up to 4.5 times peak current from its rated output, which is ideal for motor-type tests of inrush current. Users can adjust the starting and ending phase angle from 0 - 360 degrees.
Measurement features in the AFV-P series include RMS voltage, RMS current, true power, apparent power, power factor, crest factor, reactive power, etc. An intuitive 5" touch screen with an additional rotary knob control allows quick adjustments and configurations of voltage, current and frequency. The AFV-P series can also be remotely controlled via standard interfaces. Free control software and a LabVIEW driver are available for easy programming and remote operation.
Housed in an attractive 2U or 4U rackmount case, the AFV-P series of AC/DC power supplies are designed and built by Preen AC Power Corp., a leading Taiwanese power supply systems provider. Preen power supplies are available now from their technical distributor Saelig Company, Inc., Fairport, NY.
- Compact and high power density: 600VA to 2500VA (2U case) and 5000VA (4U case).
- AC source with DC output extends applications to include DC testing
- Wide output voltage of 0-310V; output frequency 15-1000Hz
- THD < 0.3 % when output power is under 100Hz
- Inrush current: capable of delivering up to 4.5 times of peak current.
- Start/End phase angle: define the start and end phase angle from 0° to 360°
- Current foldback feature: constant output current when output voltage varies.
- STEP and RAMP function for voltage and frequency variation tests
- TRANSIENT generation provides users an easy setup for power line disturbance (PLD) simulation.
- Set and view parameters easily via 5" touch panel or rotary knob.
- Free control software and LabVIEW driver for programming and remote control.
- High slew rate: less than 300µs for 0 to 90% output voltage
About Saelig Company Inc.
Founded in 1988 in Rochester, New York, Saelig is a North American distributor with a growing reputation for finding and sourcing remarkable, unique test and measurement and control products and components for use in a wide variety of industries. Products lines are continuously added from sources across the globe, and are offered at competitive prices, accompanied by full in-house technical support, exceptional customer service, and fast delivery.