The camera is based on Rockwell's PICNIC FPA that is a HgCdTe 256x256, 40 µm pixels. It is desigend for a very long integration time operations and can also run in a fast frame mode.
Camera mounted on a microscope stand
- COOLING: Pour-fill down-looking dewar design with LN2 hold time greater than 8
hours, and vacuum hold better than 6 months.
- MECHANICAL: 4" diameter, 10" long. weight about 4 Lb. Down-looking dewar.
- OPTICS: accommodates C-mounted lenses.
- ELECTRONICS: Self bootable from a PROM that loads all digital logic into an FPGA. The FPGA generates all the clocks for both the FPA and the computer interface.
Analog and digital boards
- POWER: analog and digital ±5,+5, ±15.
- OPERATING MODES: User selectable
- non-destructive read (on the ramp)
- alternating read-reset,
- continuous reset,
- continuous read
- Disable "read" logic for very long integration time,
- all the above in slow frame rate or in fast rate.
- DATA RATE: Fast mode about 15 frames per second (~2 MBytes/sec)
- ADC = 16 bits.
- INTERFACE: Computer Interface: Use a Bitflow PCI frame grabber that reads 16 bits and capable of host DMA at up to 90 MBytes/Sec.
- DATA ANALYSIS:
Image analysis: Customized ImagePro image processing package, running on Windows 95 and NT.
- Other custom enhancements (contact OKSI for options):
- Side-looking dewar.
- Closed cycle cooling
- Direct ooutput to SVGA
Return to OKSI's homepage
Go to TechExpo Homepage.